Google Search

Friday, October 31, 2008

The List Maker

Even though I am at home, sometimes it still feels like there are not enough hours in the day. As the posse gets older, we are taking part in more activities. Trying to schedule the things that NEED to get done around the things that we WANT to do during daylight hours has turned me into a maker of lists. Lists for groceries, lists for things to do around the house, and lists for errands that need to get done.

The grocery list is the absolute pinnacle of my planning. I keep a notepad and a pencil on the refrigerator to write items down as I run out of them. I also have a long term shopping list for items that I stock up on when I see a good sale. Having a list for these things guarantees that I leave the store with everything that I need. Not an easy task with screaming little people dangling from the seats as I ferry the burgeoning cart through the store. Shopping with a list also keeps impulse purchases to a minimum: a budget bonus!

Along with all of the other Halloween related things we need to get done today we have a few last minute Halloween items to pick up. Lists are my lifesavers!

No comments:

Post a Comment