Google Search

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter is Officially Here

Looking outside this morning to about 15 cm of snow I think that winter is officially here. We have been battling the most outrageously cold temperatures here lately too! It has been hovering between -11 C and -20 C! With the windchill it has been averaging around -18 to -24 C. I realize that this is balmy for some regions of Canada but this is unusual for the relatively moderate climate of our part of the country. We are usually (un)lucky to get a few centimetres of snow 3 or 4 times a winter. We rarely end up with a white Christmas but looks like we will have one this year. Now where did I put that snow shovel?

2 comments:

  1. If you find you shovel, let me know. I may need to borrow it.
    It's sad that I'm ready for winter to be OVER already and it's still December.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! My first comment! I think that it can snow as much as it wants ON THE SKI HILL. As long as the roads are clear down here!

    ReplyDelete