Google Search

Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Counter Top Favourite

I must admit, I have a small obsession with counter top appliances. While I am certainly smitten with my Crock-Pot, I have a real love affair going with my toaster oven. He is a Black and Decker counter top oven with a 12 inch pizza capacity which I have dubbed Toasty. Highly imaginative, I know.

I love this thing! I have used the counter top oven to bake muffins, scones, pizza, Greek-style pitas, whole chickens and side dishes too numerous to list. My regular oven has cowered in the shadows for the better part of a year. It has taken on the nickname of "The Glorified Turkey Maker" because Thanksgiving turkey is the only meal that I have prepared in it since purchasing the counter top oven last January.

The portability of this appliance is one of my favourite features. I live in a region of Canada that averages between 35 and 40 degrees Celsius through July and August. The thought of cooking in the heat is nauseating. Toasty can be set up in the basement on a heat resistant surface and happily bake away on timer while the weather outside is frightfully hot.

Now that the cooler weather is here Toasty is getting a real workout. Nothing like waking up in the morning and baking fresh blueberry muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment